Today the Center for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) released their report “Vital Signs: Awareness and Treatment of Uncontrolled Hypertension Among Adults- United States, 2003-2010), and what did they find?
- 30.4% of American Adults have high blood pressure – over 66.9 MILLION of us!!!
- 14.1 million people HAVE high blood pressure, but do not KNOW it
- Of those that have high blood pressure, over HALF are NOT CONTROLLED.
- 5.7 million people KNOW they have HBP but don’t take medicine
- Of the 35.8 million people who have UNCONTROLLED high blood pressure, the VAST MAJORITY (89.4%) have a usual source